Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
The 25th Air Division and Seattle Air Defense Sector complex were built in the late 1950's and became operational in January 1960 on McChord Air Force Base, Washington. The facility complex known as the "blockhouse" housed the world's two largest digital computers at the time. Radar sites around the Pacific Northwest feed information into the computers, which solved problems of position, speed, altitude, and armament for interceptor directors, who in turn guided pilots to targets. (Courtesy photo)
No camera details available.
This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release.
If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit.
Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other
DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at
which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and
trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings
regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.