Colonel Christopher A. Jarratt is the Chief of Staff at 1st Air Force (Air Forces Northern) and Continental U.S. North American Aerospace Defense Command Region, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla. CONR-1AF (AFNORTH) is a United States Air Force warfighting headquarters and Air Combat Command Numbered Air Force responsible for employing air and space power forces for NORAD and U.S. Northern Command’s Homeland Defense and Civil Support missions. Colonel Jarratt is a key advisor and authoritative consultant to senior staff, with oversight to a portfolio of Homeland Defense, Air Force Support to Civil Authorities and Theater Security Cooperation programs. He serves as the Command Element’s senior envoy to military, federal and civilian agencies within federal, state and local communities.
Colonel Jarratt was commissioned in 1999 as a distinguished graduate of the ROTC program at the University of Colorado while studying at the Colorado School of Mines. He earned his wings as an E-3 Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) Air Weapons Officer and Senior Director accumulating over 600 combat hours in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. His assignments include a variety of operational and staff battle management positions at the Western Air Defense Sector (WADS), a tour at the Director of the Air National Guard’s Strategic Studies Group, and as the Air Defense Action Officer for Operation NOBLE EAGLE on the Joint Staff Operations Directorate (J-3), Pentagon, Washington D.C. He has commanded at both the squadron and group levels. Prior to his present duties, he served as Commander, 154th Mission Support Group, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI.
1999 Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Colo.
2003 Masters of Business Administration, Oklahoma City University, Okla.
2005 Squadron Officers School, by correspondence
2011 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
2012 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
2014 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
2015 Air War College, by correspondence
1. January 2000 - October 2000, Student, Air Battle Management Qualification, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2. October 2000 - May 2004, Air Weapons Officer and Senior Director, 965th Airborne Air Control Squadron (AACS), Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. May 2004 - April 2008, Evaluator Air Weapons Officer and Senior Director, Western Air Defense Sector, McChord AFB, Wash.
4. April 2008 - January 2011, Chief, Operations Training, Western Air Defense Sector, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
5. January 2011 - October 2011, Assistant Chief, Sector Operations, Western Air Defense Sector, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
6. October 2011 - January 2013, Analyst, Director, Air National Guard Strategic Studies Group, Washington, D.C.
7. January 2013 - July 2015, Air Defense Officer, Western Hemisphere Division, Deputy Directorate for Nuclear, Current Operations, and Homeland Defense, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2015 - January 2017, Commander, 169th Air Defense Squadron, Wheeler AAF, Hawaii
9. January 2017 - May 2018, Commander, 154th Mission Support Group, JBPHH, Hawaii
10. May 2018 - Present, Chief of Staff, 1st Air Force (Air Forces Northern), Continental U.S. NORAD Region Tyndall AFB, Fla.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. January 2013 - July 2015, Air Defense Officer, Homeland Defense Division, Deputy Directorate for Nuclear, Current Operations, and Homeland Defense (J-33), the Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
Rating: Senior Air Battle Manager
Flight hours: More than 1000, including more than 600 combat hours
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 1, 2000
First Lieutenant Jan. 1, 2002
Captain Jan. 1, 2004
Major Jan. 22, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel July 17, 2013
Colonel Jan. 8, 2017
(Current as of August 2018)