|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT RONALD C. ANDERSON JR.|
Chief Master Sergeant Ronald C. Anderson Jr. is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Continental U.S. North American Aerospace Defense Command Region, and Command Chief Master Sergeant, 1st Air Force (Air Forces Northern), Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla. He advises CONR-1AF (AFNORTH) commander on matters influencing the health, morale and welfare of assigned enlisted personnel and their families. First Air Force is one of three numbered air forces assigned to Air Combat command and has the responsibility of ensuring the air sovereignty and air defense of the continental United States (CONUS). As the CONUS geographical component of the binational North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), it provides airspace surveillance and control and directs all air sovereignty activities for the continental United States.
Chief Anderson entered the Air Force in December 1987. His active duty Air Force assignments include a direct duty assignment to Zweibruecken AB, Germany, Air Education and Training Command instructor duty at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., and Camp Red Cloud, Korea. In July 1999, Chief Anderson joined the Maryland Air National Guard under the Palace Chase program where he deployed as part of Operation Southern Watch. Prior to his current assignment, Chief Anderson was Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 113th Wing, District of Columbia Air National Guard at Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1987 Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1991 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Zweibruecken AB, Germany
2001 Associate in Applied Science Instructor in Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy correspondence course
2011 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education correspondence course
2011 ANG Command Chief Orientation Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2011 USAF Command Chief Candidate Orientation, Lackland AFB, Texas
2011 AFSO 21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
2013 Bachelor of Science degree in management studies, University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, Md.
2013 Keystone, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
1. December 1987 - February 1988, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February 1988 - May 1991, Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman, 26th Transportation Squadron, Zweibruecken AB, Germany
3. May 1991 - July 1998, Master Instructor, 361st Training Squadron, Det. 1, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md.
4. July 1998 - June 1999, Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman, 604th Air Support Operations Squadron, Camp Red Cloud, Korea
5. June 1999 - April 2004, Aircraft Structural Technician, 175th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Maryland Air National Guard, Md.
6. April 2004 - Nov 2005, Recruiter, 175th Wing, Maryland Air National Guard, Md.
7. Nov 2005 - July 2006, NCOIC Counterdrug, Multi-Media, National Guard Bureau, Arlington, Va.
8. July 2006 - Oct 2007, Executive Assistant to the Deputy Director, ANG, Arlington, Va.
9. Oct 2007 - April 2009, Superintendent, Office of the Director NGB Joint Staff, Arlington, Va.
10. April 2009 - July 2010, Special Assistant to the Director, ANG, Arlington, Va.
11. July 2010 - April 2011, Superintendent, Manpower and Personnel, 113th FSS, D.C. ANG, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
12. April 2011 - June 2013, Command Chief, 113th Wing, District of Columbia Air National Guard, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
13. June 2013 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, CONR-1AF(AFNORTH), Tyndall AFB, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal
1991 John Levitow Award, NCO Preparatory Course
1994 Airman of the Year, 361st TRS, USAF Det. 1
1995 Master Instructor, US Army Ordnance Center and School
2005 John Levitow Award, NCO Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Staff Sergeant - Nov 1996
Technical Sergeant - July 2003
Master Sergeant - Dec 2005
Senior Master Sergeant - Dec 2007
Chief Master Sergeant - July 2010
(Current as of Mar 2014)